This position works on the editorial and event design needs of the Puget Sound Business Journal. You are part storyteller, part brand ambassador. You will lead the visual storytelling for special reports in both digital and print formats, working closely with editors, reporters and the creative director. This role also collaborates with the Business Journal's events department to produce event materials and programming associated with special sections. Across all platforms, your work will maintain our high standards for visuals with a keen eye for details pertaining to accuracy, presentation, photography, typography and graphics. The visual journalist:
- Will be the lead designer on signature event campaigns, including print ads, digital ads, Power Point presentations, flyers, email newsletters and other collateral
- Will work with the Puget Sound Business Journal’s event and editorial departments to ensure consistency in branding across all platforms
- Will attend event script meetings, develop event collateral (posters, slideshows, banners, etc.) and run AV at all Puget Sound Business Journal events
- Will be responsible for some production and pre-press duties, including color correction of photos
- Will produce infographics and illustrations for editorial
- Will execute company-wide design format, standards and style guide
- Will perform all tasks in a timely manner and check work before presenting it to make sure it is submitted error-free
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with sources and vendors
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- One to three years graphic design experience
- Mac OS X and extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy), HTML/CSS, Flite, and Power Point
- Illustration ability is a big plus, as are copy editing/writing and informational graphic skills
The Puget Sound Business Journal and its 39 sister publications are part of American City Business Journals, the No. 1 source for local business news in the nation. We publish daily online, weekly in print and deliver multiple daily email products and host monthly events attended by hundreds of business executives. The design department is responsible for the design support of all departments in the office, including editorial, advertising and marketing across all platforms, including our signature events. The Puget Sound Business Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.
Email resume, cover letter with salary requirements and a link to design samples to Creative Director Ryan Lambert at [email protected] Only applications with design samples will be considered (please do not send samples as PDFs or attachments). No phone calls please. No relocation available.