The South China Morning Post is looking for a well-rounded visual journalist to join our award-winning graphics team. The role requires someone who can research their own narratives, handle multiple projects, and design immersive multimedia stories across platforms and for print.
You will be collaborating with a team of artists, editors, reporters, developers and writers, to create data-driven infographics for breaking news. You will also have the opportunity to craft multimedia experiences for investigative features which will involve front-end programming.
Ideal candidates will have a portfolio demonstrating the creation of original maps and graphics, a strong use of typography and design, and have experience working with illustrators.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, design, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience creating multimedia graphics
- Expertise in standard design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects
- Knowledge of data visualization and UI design
- Experience with QGis, Google Maps API or Mapbox
- Experience handling large open-data APIs
- 3D modelling and animation software like Cinema 4D or similar
- Database handle software like MySQL or similar
This job is based in our Hong Kong newsroom and is not eligible for remote work.
Contact Darren Long, Head of Graphics and Magazine Design, South China Morning Post, at [email protected]