Open: March 4, 2019 - March 15, 2019
- LC Organization Unit: Congressional Research Service
- Grade: GS-12
- Series: 1084
- Availability: U.S. Citizens Only
- Duration: 6 months
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) is seeking a visual information specialist for a 6-month pilot project to develop information and instructional videos, working with a team of visual information specialists, librarians, research analysts and other staff. The successful candidate will possess expertise and proven experience in visual communication, reflecting skills in storyboarding, concept art, photography, motion graphics and video production/editing.
- Demonstrated ability to visually communicate complex concepts using digital media
- Demonstrated experience in creative video/animation development, sound mixing, production, and post-production work
- Experience with the Adobe suite of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Adobe Premier or equivalent animating and filmmaking software
- Experience with setting up and shooting interviews for video production
- Previous experience producing multimedia products for academic or government audiences
- Experience with visual communication in a public policy context
This opportunity is open to all. The work schedule is flextime, Monday thru Friday, 40 hours per week. The desired start date for the position is April 1, 2019. Interested candidates should email a cover letter expressing interest in this opportunity and a federal style resume that clearly demonstrates their qualifications including experience, education and training related to the required qualifications and duties listed above to Dale Shirachi, [email protected], by March 15, 2019. Please include a link to your portfolio with at least three samples of relevant work.