The Dow Jones Media Group is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the DJMG UX & Digital Design team.
Who We Are
Dow Jones Media Group is a dynamic portfolio of consumer facing brands in financial advice, news, luxury real estate, and lifestyle. The portfolio is comprised of Barron’s, Barron’s Penta, Barron’s Next, MarketWatch, FN London, Mansion Global, and Moneyish.
This position will be specifically focused on supporting the Barron’s and Mansion Global digital brands, including sites, apps, and emerging products.
As a member of this team, you will serve as a voice and advocate of target users, empathizing with and thoroughly understanding goals, desires and preferences. You’ll use this knowledge to inform concepts and innovative solutions across products and projects. You will collaborate with and work alongside product managers, engineers, journalists, and business stakeholders to create beautiful and coherent experiences that our readers love. Ultimately, you will be helping shape the future of how we deliver analysis and content to our customers.
Responsibilities and what you’ll do
● Work with the in-house Product Design team to define interactive experiences within Barron’s and Mansion Global
● Work closely with product managers, engineers, and editors to implement and deliver final products
● Develop and help implement the DJMG design language system, ensuring a consistent and coherent user experience and aesthetic voice with a high level of quality and polish
● Rapidly produce designs and innovate within the fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining bigger picture design and brand consistency
● Evangelize best UI practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
● Provide annotated designs for tech teams
● Take part in design communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
● Develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
● Prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
● Stay informed with design trends and techniques, and recommend new tools and technology when applicable
● Apply available research, including analytics data, qualitative studies, A/B tests, and competitive analysis to inform and iterate design
● Create: design mockups, design presentations, native design files (i.e. in Sketch, Adobe CC, etc.) clickable prototypes and style guides
● Strong communication and collaboration skills
● 5+ years experience designing user-interfaces for content-rich websites
● 1-2 years of experience designing user interfaces for e-commerce sites a strong plus
● Expert at designing and building products for mobile and desktop experiences
● Passion for identifying and solving user problems
● Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
● Familiar with digital product design best practices and procedures
● Expert in user-experience design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography