Senior Design Editors at National Geographic possess exceptional design and storytelling skills. They collaborate with the text, photography, graphics and cartography teams to plan and produce our highest-impact stories. Senior Design Editors think conceptually and create imaginative packages for print and digital. They have a deep interest and appreciation for the subjects National Geographic covers – science, environment, conservation, history and culture – and always prioritize the reader. They are comfortable working within a template but also producing custom design systems. Senior Design Editors art direct illustration and typography when/where needed.
- Design and edit stories across print, web and mobile app platforms.
- Lead Design Editors and Jr. Design Editors on their projects.
- Assign and art direct illustration and typography for National Geographic magazine.
- Lead prototyping of new products under direction of the Creative Director.
- Attend and contribute to Story Team Meetings where coverage plans are determined.
- Degree in Design, Journalism or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in print, web and/or mobile storytelling.
- Experience in driving a story from a design perspective while collaborating closely with internal partners.
- Exceptional ability to work with and synchronize a dynamic team of creative individuals.
- Flexibility and adaptability are critical, along with a clear understanding of the project goals.
- Strong written and oral communication is a must, as well as fostering a strong team environment where ideas are shared and considered.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.