Who You’ll Work With:
You will be based in Atlanta, Boston, New York, or Waltham, and join the Global Editorial Services (GES) team—our largest publishing group at McKinsey.
GES is a 30-person team of editors, creatives, and content-operations experts. As part of a small, tight-knit data-viz team, you’ll work with colleagues around the world to develop and publish content across an array of digital, social, and print platforms. This will include McKinsey.com, the “McKinsey on…” series of publications (e.g., McKinsey on Finance, McKinsey on Risk), and the McKinsey Insights app.
What You’ll Do:
You will design and create engaging, informative, and accurate data visualizations for publication across platforms.
In this role, you’ll use your creativity to partner with editors in developing content. You will leverage your eye for detail and visual storytelling skills to bring data to life, and uphold McKinsey brand guidelines. You may also have opportunities to use illustration skills.
Working closely with GES editors, you will take ownership and wrestle content—sourced from PowerPoint slides—into clear and concise data visualization exhibits. You will identify opportunities to elevate that content by recommending new data visualization methods, tools, and concepts.
As data visualization editor, you will liaise with designers to ensure the quality of exhibits is maintained as they are adapted for different use cases.
You will balance multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring near-term and short-term deadlines are met.
Lastly, you’ll develop optimized versions of exhibits for mobile and social assets. You will use your creativity and collaboration skills to the fullest.
- Bachelors degree in visual design, communications, or equivalent required
- Minimum 8 years of data visualization experience
- Experience with print and/or digital publishing; journalism background preferred
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite of products
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Solid illustration skills
- Solid business literacy and understanding of general business concepts
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Effective problem-solving skills, including the ability to assess situations, evaluate options, and make decisions
- Ability to confidently and tactfully engage with senior leaders and subject-matter experts; track record of achieving consensus and moving projects forward
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, manage complex processes, and meet both short- and long-term deadlines
- Independent drive to maintain high productivity in a non-hierarchical environment