Enjoy creative storytelling? Get a thrill from designing innovative user experiences? Have experience as an effective team leader? Want to play a key role in strengthening a company’s brand?
We are looking for a Senior Creative Design Lead with a background in web design, including UX and mobile, to lead our design team.
At The Penny Hoarder, our mission is to put more money in our readers’ pockets, and we do that by sharing inspiring stories from real people and practical tips anyone can use. We make personal finance fun for millions of people each month -- and design is a big part of that user experience, paving the way for increased engagement, trust, and a stronger connection with our audience.
This position will play a key role in strengthening The Penny Hoarder brand. In addition to leading design on major projects, you’ll manage our small design team, coaching graphic and web designers to do their best work.
Your team will be responsible for imagining new user-centric website experiences in collaboration with our UX Architect; creating engaging, innovative graphics for our social media channels; and collaborating with our advertising team to design branded website pages for our partners.
In this role, you’ll...
- Provide strategic creative direction on elevating our brand and strengthening our visual presence, executing designs that align with our brand strategy and company’s values
- Lead and motivate a small team of designers on web and graphic requests, providing clear direction to ensure high-quality deliverables and brand consistency
- Design fresh and creative responsive concepts for The Penny Hoarder website, including new experiences and re-imagining those that already exist, with an eye toward increasing community engagement
- Work with our product and development teams to bring a mobile-first, UX-focused approach to design, proactively identifying ways to reduce friction for users, using both low and high fidelity wireframes and prototypes
- Conceptualize and execute innovative approaches to branded content pages that showcase our advertising partners while providing clear value for our community
- Provide a cohesive vision for graphics across all our platforms, including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and email, adhering to best practices
- Assist with the creation and implementation of our internal design system, continuously expanding and improving upon it
- Serve as a change agent, suggesting new ways of presenting our brand and effectively rallying others around the vision
- Manage creative resources across departments and communicate project status, timelines, deliverables, goals, and expectations to internal teams and other departments on a regular basis
We’re looking for someone who brings...
- Experience in the publishing or news industry, so you can design with an eye toward flexibility, knowing copy or other assets might change along the way
- 7 years experience creating responsive web designs, working in an agile environment, and rapidly delivering and iterating on products
- 5 years experience leading a team and motivating direct reports to produce high-quality creative work
- Passion for developing intuitive and engaging user experiences on mobile devices, as well as a strong understanding of web best practices and typography for the web
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment, including adapting in the face of unexpected challenges
- A calm, humble demeanor and positive attitude that inspires trust, confidence and collaboration
- A mature relationship with feedback, seeking and readily implementing it, while prioritizing the user
- Expert-level experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch and InVision
- Active approach to staying on top of industry trends and innovations, and integrating them into creative work
About The Penny Hoarder
Founded in 2010, The Penny Hoarder is one of the largest personal finance websites in the United States, averaging 12 to 17 million monthly readers.
In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked The Penny Hoarder as the No. 1 fastest-growing private media company for the second consecutive year, and 25th fastest-growing private company on their Inc. 5000 list. In addition, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur's list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
Our content includes interesting ways for readers to make, save and manage their money and has been featured by media outlets such as Fox News, CNBC, Oprah.com, Yahoo.com and Forbes.
We are a bootstrapped and profitable company, which gives us the freedom to determine our own path forward. It also allows us to provide competitive salaries and benefits to all our employees.
Perks of joining us include: working out of our beautiful office in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida; healthcare coverage for you and your family; option to work from home one day a week; retirement plan with match; unlimited sick time; generous vacation policy; cell phone and laptop reimbursement; annual learning budget to help you improve your skills and grow your network. In 2017, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur's list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
If you found this job on Indeed or another website, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at https://grnh.se/1717adce2