The Santa Fe New Mexican, in New Mexico's beautiful and vibrant capital city, is seeking a versatile journalist for its copy and design desk. The ideal candidate is a talented self-starter who can create clean, eye-catching pages for a demanding readership. This is a great fit for new college grads in a newsroom with abundant opportunities for growth, and a dream job for creative journalists looking for a challenge and a chance to use all of their skills in a collaborative environment.
- Attention to detail
- Solid news judgment
- Comfortable with deadline pressure
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite — though for the right tech-savvy candidate, we will train
- Sound headline-writing skills, and the ability and desire to craft boxes and other display type to help tell the story
- Strong knowledge of grammar, spelling and AP style
- Familiarity with web publishing and SEO
- Bonus: Ability to create illustrations and infographics
- Talented recent college grads with internship or college newspaper experience are encouraged to apply.
About The New Mexican and Santa Fe:
The New Mexican is a locally owned, award-winning newspaper in Santa Fe, a city of 85,000 with world-class museums and arts offerings in an unmatched setting — an outdoors destination with hiking, mountain biking and skiing minutes from our downtown office.
The job is full time, night and weekends required, with benefits, including paid vacation, health insurance, 401(k) and a competitive salary.
To apply, send your cover letter, résumé and a link to your portfolio or design samples to Deputy Managing Editor Brian Barker at [email protected]