Axios is looking for a Product Designer to join our team and help fundamentally shape the future of news consumption. We are a growing media company with a successful initial product and big ideas for what’s coming next. You are a talented designer with a deep understanding of digital user experience. Working collaboratively with a tight-knit team of designers, developers, and other stakeholders, you’ll improve on existing Axios products and help invent new ones.
Some more about you:
YOU WANT TO CREATE SOMETHING NEW
Shaping an emerging product from the ground up gets your creative juices flowing. You care about the media industry and want to improve it by introducing radical new ideas.
YOU ARE A VISUAL THINKER
You’re quick to represent your ideas visually as sketches and prototypes. You have impeccable visual design skills and are obsessive about color, type and layout. Your work is functional, thorough and beautiful - equally representative of user needs and brand identity
YOU COLLABORATE AND COMMUNICATE
You’re an effective team player, whether working with an executive or engineer. You listen as well as you explain your process and design decisions. Working on big projects with lots of moving parts has made you great at thoroughly documenting your work.
YOU UNDERSTAND THE COMPLEX DIGITAL LANDSCAPE
We’re building this design team from the ground up and we want team members who are passionate, talented and want to help make Axios a world-class leader in design.
- Work with developers, newsroom staff, and other designers to shape the user experience and visual design of new and existing digital products.
- Create prototypes to quickly visualize and test solutions to complex design problems
- Create finished screen designs and work closely with developers to execute on the product vision.
- Experience designing for both responsive web and native mobile apps
- Ability to synthesize user needs, editorial needs, and business needs into a compelling product experience
- Experience working directly with developers and documenting design work for them
- Love for tightly constrained design systems (bonus if you have experience developing and implementing a design system across multiple products)
- Ability to engage with colleagues in a creative, flexible, and constructive way — we’re building a team that’s low on ego and high on collaboration and respect
- A big plus if you have a passion for news and media
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture