The Pittsburgh Business Times, an award-winning business news organization in one of the most dynamic business markets in the country, is looking for a full-time photojournalist adept at visual storytelling. We are looking for someone who is driven by curiosity as much as breaking news, and who can produce compelling visual content across all of our platforms including print, digital and events. This is an opportunity to document a fast-evolving, major American city — and the high-powered leaders and businesses that shape it.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an experienced news photographer who delivers balanced, well-composed, layered photographs
- Pushes his/herself to take photographic risks
- Turns ordinary assignments into extraordinary results, including executive portraits, events and other core PBT features that utilize photography
- Can lead PBT’s photography and video efforts
- Has experience with videography and can create quality, professional video for our awards programs
- Generates his/her own story ideas
- Works in a collaborative environment with reporters
- Works closely with editors and designers to produce compelling visual packages
- Continues to learn and expand his/her skill set
Expert level of Photoshop and color-correcting is a must; working knowledge of other Adobe CC programs a bonus. The Pittsburgh Business Times’ parent company, American City Business Journals, has placed a stronger emphasis on design and photography since redesigning our print and digital products a few years ago.
Applicants can send their resume and portfolio to Laurie Lawrence at [email protected] with the subject line “Pittsburgh photographer."
The Pittsburgh Business Times and its 40+ sister publications are part of American City Business Journals, the No. 1 source for local business news in the nation. We publish daily online, weekly in print and deliver multiple daily email products, as well as host monthly events attended by hundreds of business executives. The Pittsburgh Business Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.