Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Marketing Designer!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a talented multi-disciplinary designer to join our growing design team. This person will collaborate with our Brand, Product Marketing and Growth team to conceptualize and create design assets. A successful candidate will understand and anticipate the company’s growth and product needs, and be able to capture both existing and new audiences with unique and compelling designs.
Go Deeper: This person will be responsible for creating unique concepts that address the company’s growth and product ambition and challenges, support the concept with research and fact-finding, and translate the concept into tangible execution. They will ensure our brand visual identity is maintained across all marketing channels and adheres to the highest standards. This role involves participation in design dialogue and contributing to our design culture as a whole. An ideal candidate will be empathetic towards the end-user and will be able to iterate on designs strategically and creatively according to user behavior and data-driven trends.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Incredibly strong and sophisticated design sensibility and attention to detail
- Ability to articulate and advocate for design decisions to both immediate and larger teams
- Experience creating design assets to meet marketing and product needs, for everything from email and social marketing campaigns to new product launches
- Comfort with both creative and strategic design approaches
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and follow creative direction
- Art direction and marketing campaign experience is a plus
- Motion graphics experience a plus
- Eagerness for feedback
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend