POLITICO is seeking a journalist experienced in infographics and data visualization who can explain complex policy issues and provide political context in the new Washington.
Your priority will be to report sophisticated data-driven stories that are relevant, informative and illuminating to a politically savvy and highly engaged audience. You’ll be responsible for weaving narratives and data into unique, original visual stories for enterprise projects and for our award-winning POLITICO magazine. You’ll be a conversational voice who can explain and illustrate complex policy areas. You’ll wrangle data from a wide range of sources and provide comprehensive analysis through charting or other visual forms. You’ll have many opportunities to take risks and experiment.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled journalist who can conceive of and execute high-impact visual stories, working independently and as part of a team. We want someone who can report, design and write graphics for the web, as well as print. You should be creative about story forms and have the tools to develop them.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of experience in the field of information design
- Experience in reporting, visualizing and coding
- Experience working in a fast-paced news environment
- Can research, analyze and comb through a data set to find unique stories
- Savvy with data visualization tools
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex data points into visually compelling graphics in print and on the Web
- Ability to prioritize multiple design projects
If interested, please send your resume and work samples to Katie Rice at [email protected]