Hazen and Sawyer, a leading engineering and environmental science firm, is looking for a graphic designer adept at producing purposeful informational and conceptual graphics to join its New York City marketing and design team.
We’re looking for a collaborator who likes to work in an agile, fast-paced environment as part of a team creating charts, diagrams, icons, illustrations, maps, and other detailed informational graphics for use in print and online. Experience designing page layouts or instructional graphics is a plus.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated understanding of graphic-design elements and techniques.
- Familiarity with color theory, visual-perception tenets, and typography.
- Ability to process visual ideas in sketches, thumbnails, and storyboards.
- Ability to identify potential visual content within written narratives.
- Work that demonstrates a high-degree of creativity and craftsmanship.
- Willingness to work within brand identity constraints, individually and as part of a team.
Who can also show they have:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated ability to create vector art from a variety of source materials.
- Understanding of how to apply templates, grids, and other organizational tools.
- Ability to design content with layered hierarchies.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
With additional capabilities such as:
- Ability to create visual content using 3D software such as SketchUp.
And a background that includes:
- Degree in graphic design, or closely associated studies, from an accredited college or university.
- At least 3-years work experience or demonstrated abilities to match such experience.
If most, or all, of these characteristics describe your work and philosophy, we want to hear from you.
For more information please contact:
About Hazen and Sawyer
Since 1951, Hazen and Sawyer has delivered practical technical solutions to meet the water quality and quantity goals of clients coast-to-coast and around the globe. Our employee-owned structure and focus on water anchor our fast-paced, purpose-driven environment. Perhaps more than anything else, we’re known for our frank, independent analysis and recommendations, as well as our devotion to the practice - rather than the business - of engineering. Our decades-long client relationships and steady, organic growth to more than 1,100 employees in over 50 offices are a testament to our company’s commitment - placing our clients’ interests first.