Hazen and Sawyer, a leading engineering and environmental science firm, is looking for a graphic designer adept at producing purposeful informational and conceptual graphics to join its Raleigh (NC) design team.
We’re looking for a collaborator who likes to work in an agile, fast-paced environment as part of a team creating charts, diagrams, illustrations, maps, icons, and other detailed informational graphics for use in print and online. Experience designing instructional graphics or page layouts and designs is a plus.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated understanding of graphic-design elements and techniques.
- Familiarity with color theory, visual-perception tenets, and typography.
- Ability to process visual ideas in sketches, thumbnails, wireframes, and storyboards.
- Ability to identify potential visual content from written narratives.
- Work that demonstrates a high-degree of creativity and craftsmanship.
- Ability to grasp and embrace brand and style standards, helping to extend them to new media and executions as necessary.
Who can also show they have:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated ability to create vector art from a variety of source materials.
- Understanding of how to apply templates, grids, and other organizational tools.
- Ability to design content with layered hierarchies.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
And a background that includes:
- Degree in graphic design, or closely associated studies, from an accredited college or university.
- At least eight years work experience or demonstrated abilities to match such experience.