This position will work on the marketing/advertising design needs of Tampa Bay Business Journal as well as assist with the layout of the weekly newspaper. The designer will create and design TBBJ’s house ads and other promotional materials. The designer will maintain high standards for visual design throughout our products, with a keen eye for details pertaining to accuracy, presentation, photography, typography and graphics.
The Graphic Designer:
- Will be the lead designer on marketing, advertising and signature event campaigns, including print ads, digital ads, Power Point presentations, flyers, email newsletters, logos, signage and other collateral, from conception to execution, across all platforms
- Will be responsible for creating print and digital ads following Tampa Bay Business Journal’s standards. These ads will be for clients and promotional needs.
- Will be responsible for some production and pre-press duties, including color correction of photos.
- Will execute company-wide design format, standards and style guide
- Will perform all tasks in a timely manner and check work before presenting it to make sure it is submitted error-free.
- Will be cross-trained in editorial and serve as backup/support in newsroom
- Will design special publications and advertorial sections within Weekly Edition
- Will be primary contact with printer for special publications and pre-press duties.
- Must have excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Take on any other assignment made by manager(s)
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with sources and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- One to three years graphic design experience
- Mac OS X and extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy), HTML/CSS, Flite, and Power Point
- Illustration ability is a big plus, as are copy editing/writing and informational graphic skills
- Knowledge of the current industry trends, including paper stock and production quality, are a plus.
Tampa Bay Business Journal and its 39 sister publications are part of American City Business Journals, the No. 1 source for local business news in the nation. We publish daily online, weekly in print and deliver multiple daily email products and host monthly events attended by hundreds of business executives. The design department is responsible for the design support of all departments in the office, including editorial, advertising and marketing across all platforms, including our signature events. Tampa Bay Business Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.
Email resume, cover letter with salary requirements and a link to design samples to Design Manager, Sarah Price at [email protected]. Only applications with design samples will be considered (please do not send samples as PDFs or attachments). No phone calls please. No relocation available.