Albany Business Review and its 39 sister publications are part of American City Business Journals, the No. 1 source for local business news in the nation. We publish daily online, weekly in print and deliver multiple daily email products and host monthly events attended by hundreds of business executives. The design department is responsible for the design support of all departments in the office, including editorial, advertising and marketing across all platforms, including our signature events. Albany Business Review is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law. Email resume, cover letter with salary requirements and a link to design samples to Sarah Price at [email protected] Only applications with design samples will be considered (please do not send samples as PDFs or attachments). No phone calls please. No relocation available.
This position will work on the marketing/advertising design needs of Albany Business Review as well as assist with the layout of the weekly newspaper. The designer will create and design Albany Business Review house ads and other promotional materials. The designer will maintain high standards for visual design throughout our products, with a keen eye for details pertaining to accuracy, presentation, photography, typography and graphics.
Job Required Skills
The Graphic Designer:
• Will design marketing, advertising and signature event campaigns, including print ads, digital ads, Power Point presentations, flyers, email newsletters and other collateral, from conception to execution, across all platforms
• Will be responsible for creating print and digital ads following ABR’s standards. These ads will be for clients and promotional needs.
• Will be responsible for some production and pre-press duties, including color correction of photos.
• Will generate PDFs of weekly paper for upload to the printer and our Digital Edition, as well as local archive
• Will execute company-wide design format, standards and style guide
• Will perform all tasks in a timely manner and check work before presenting it to make sure it is submitted error-free.
• Take on any other assignment made by manager(s)
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with sources and vendors
• One to three years graphic design experience
• Mac OS X and extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator,
Photoshop, InCopy), HTML/CSS, Flite, and Power Point
• Illustration ability is a big plus, as are copy editing/writing and informational graphic skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience