Graphic Designer, Global Mandarin
Global Mandarin is a new digital media platform that aims to inform and engage with young Mandarin-speaking audiences around the world. As it gears up to begin delivering independent information that presents various perspectives on subjects important to its audiences, Global Mandarin is currently seeking dynamic and motivated professionals skilled in Graphic Design to join its team and help it fulfill its mission by producing creative, polished, and engaging visual materials.
- Processing and editing news photos for website and social media;
- Designing cover illustrations for feature articles;
- Designing thumbnail photos or GIFs for video reports;
- Independently pitching graphic or infographic news report ideas;
- Working with editors to produce graphic and infographic reports;
- Handling other graphic design work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Superb skills in graphic design and illustration;
- Ability to summarize a story with compelling graphic work;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite;
- Knowledge in HTML and web design preferred;
- Motion graphic design skills preferred;
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Ability to handle deadlines;
- Fluency in written and verbal Mandarin; proficiency in written and verbal English.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply: Submit portfolio (link to web-based portfolio preferred) along with résumé with cover letter referencing "Digital Content Producer, Global Mandarin" in subject line via e-mail to [email protected]