Digital Brand Marketing & Narrative Designer
CBS News Digital is looking for a full-time freelance designer, for its editorial and brand marketing creative team.
Our team is responsible for the creation and management of original marketing concepts and executions to help promote live news event coverage, tentpole events, as well as our suite of apps and CBS News digital products.
We also manage and distribute brand assets and digital brand marketing for a number of premium news brands, including CBSN, CBS News, 60 Minutes, CBS Evening News, Sunday Morning, and CBS This Morning.
- The individual hired for this role will report to the Creative Director and work closely with the CBS News digital marketing team.
- The successful candidate will create template-driven designs to promote CBS News live and original programming (including CBSN, CBS News, 60 Minutes, CBS Evening News and CBS This Morning) across our native and partner platforms and services (including Apple, Roku, Amazon, Hulu, CBS All Access, etc.)
- Assets to be produced include, but are not limited to, partner promotional units, display ads, general marketing materials, and custom email and social media designs.
- In addition, the marketing designer will be responsible for managing and distributing brand logos and assets for our suite of premium news brands, as well as creating digital brand style guides.
- Help build out narrative design systems that ensure clear and on-brand continuity.
- This role is full-time, freelance.
- Design and execute partner promotions to drive viewership to CBS News live and original programming (using consistent, branded, template-driven designs)
- Concept and create dynamic, bold digital marketing campaigns
- Manage and distribute logo and brand promos to partners, sales, marketing and PR
- Manage and distribute all approved talent and event imagery, for use across partners, sales, marketing and executive presentations
- Manage social media brand assets
- Familiarize yourself with current marketing trends as they relate to News and live digital streaming.
- Constantly challenge yourself to learn new methodology, tips, tricks, and best practices in everything from photo manipulation and retouching to type design and production.
- Be able to maintain consistency in developing campaigns while adhering to brand guidelines
- Communicate with fellow designers, creative leads and stakeholders to flag problems and be proactive in every aspect of your work to ensure that deadlines are regularly met and problems are solved before they become blockers to on time delivery
- Work with marketing and analytics teams to assess the impact of design campaigns and fine tune designs marketing strategy.
- Create branded ad campaigns for CBS News and CBSN
- Create brand and style guides for CBS News Digital and it’s affiliate brands/properties
- Assist in the redesign of our suite of newsletters, aim of maximizing conversions and open rates
- Redesign our presentation design templates (Powerpoint & Google Slides)
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum of 3-4 years of marketing design experience, preferably with a digital agency or for companies that have a large brand folio
- Able to present a solid portfolio, showcasing strong and contemporary marketing and graphic design
- Familiarity with popular streaming services and current TV marketing, advertising and programming trends
- Proficiency in Adobe’s Creative Suite (especially Photoshop)
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Keynote and Sketch preferred
- Keen editorial instincts and judgement
- Ability to work execute strong and precise visual designs, and demonstrate attention to detail, in a fast-paced and fluid breaking news environment