Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Brand Designer!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a talented graphic designer to join our growing design team. This person will be responsible for evolving and maintaining the Axios brand visually, digitally, spatially and experientially. A successful candidate will be concept and idea-driven in their design approach.
Go Deeper: This person will be responsible for creating concepts and designs for all brand applications that maintain a high quality of design work and meets company goals- including events, marketing communications, brand collateral, and various social content. This role involves participation in design dialogue and, ultimately, helping to establish and evolve our visual design standards.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and the following skills:
- Incredibly strong and sophisticated design sensibility and attention to details
- Ability to articulate and advocate for design decisions to both immediate and larger teams
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and follow creative direction
- Eagerness to seek feedback and apply that feedback to the design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch is preferred
- Experience with 3D graphics is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend