North Jersey-based, national magazine publishing company is looking for an experienced Art Director. Ten years of magazine design experience preferred. Must be an “expert” with the latest In-Design and Photoshop software as well as Word, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook. Telecommuting available. Web design experience a plus. Special consideration for those who have worked in a daily publishing environment and/or a journalism degree.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Media arts. Journalism degree a plus.
- Experience: 10-plus years of design experience, preferably with a magazine
- Skills: Strong attention to detail, process-oriented and organized. Familiarity with content management systems helpful
- Ability to work independently and quickly on multiple projects unflustered by frequent interruption
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, working under pressure to accommodate schedules and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Social media publishing experience
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be available, reliable and an impeccable communicator.
Please submit resume and materials along your availability to do an interview by phone or Skype/Microsoft Teams.