Barron’s is seeking an innovative and data-driven thinker as Director of Data Visualization. Financial and business journalism has no shortage of data sets and stories to tell; and we’re looking for an individual who can tell those stories visually in print, online and social. This person will be an organized self-starter with a passion for storytelling.
We’re looking for somebody who can …
• Distill qualitative and quantitative insights to visually tell stories that written narrative cannot effectively communicate in print, online and on social.
• Produce graphics and visualizations to support stories across all platforms.
• Work with the Design Director to develop style and aesthetic approach to graphic storytelling.
• Serves as collaborative partner and editor on graphics and visualizations produced by the Art Department.
• Commission original artwork from illustrators where needed.
• Negotiate fees, manage contracts and paperwork for assignments made
• Adobe CC experience and knowledge is required (Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Audition)
• Experience with Data-Driven Documents, Python, Refine, Excel, CartoDB, CartoCSS is required
• Experience with Wordpress is required
• Experience with Methode and K4 are a plus
To apply, please email [email protected] with a resume and link to portfolio. Or at https://dowjones-news.jobs/new-york-ny/art-director-data-visualization-barrons/543BE8DFAA7D4FD48D7817BE0AF25D63/job/