This is a key design role in the print department of Consumer Reports. You will be directly involved with shaping the new brand vision of the organization through the magazine pages. You will be working on covers, feature stories as well as front of book pages.
- Designs layouts for Consumer Reports magazine and special interest publications.
- Commissions photographs and illustrations. This includes: setting prices, executing contracts, and all necessary paperwork associated with these transactions.
- Designs compelling, on-brand, infographic and data viz stories.
- Prepares pages and images for color separation and approve proofs.
- Prepares layout for pre-press and check proofs for final appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned but not of a higher level.
Bachelor degree in Graphic Design and at least 5 years experience as a magazine Art Director. Must be proficient working with complicated typographic hierarchies. Strong type skills and a deep knowledge of grid based design work is essential to your success. Should have a working knowledge of production tasks. Must be organized and detail oriented. Job requires good people skills and administrative ability. Must be proficient in Adobe CS software.
- Builds trust and communicates for impact Promotes collaboration and accountability.
- Focuses self and others on action and results delivering both strategic vision and tactical execution.
- Leverages knowledge of the competitive landscape, marketplace trends, best practices and technology to improve CR’s ability to compete.
- Keeps current on external trends and developments.