Our next annual Best of News Design™ Creative Competition (the 39th Edition) will cover works published in 2017. The Call for Entries will be mailed to previous participants (and to anyone who requests a copy) this November, and also will be posted here. The next judging will take place in February 2018.
Entrants may submit either unmounted tearsheets or unmounted, printed replicas of an entry as it appeared in print. Printouts must be at least 75 percent of the size the entry originally printed. For broadsheets, this means at least 11×17 paper. Each entry requires a small entry fee, paid in U.S. funds, and an official entry form.
Forms for the 39th Edition:
- 39th Edition Booklet
- 39th Category Coupons
- 39th Editable Entry Form
- 39th Editable Tally & Payment Form
- Category 20 Online Entry Form (Deadline is Feb. 8, 2018 (updated). Late entries cannot be accepted in Category 20.)
Entry deadlines for the 39th edition
- Deadline: Entries from U.S. publications must be received in St. Petersburg, Florida, no later than Feb. 8, 2018 (updated).
- Entries from publications outside the U.S. must be received in St. Petersburg, Florida, no later than Feb. 8, 2018.
- Judging will take place at the Coliseum in St. Petersburg, Florida, from Feb. 24-26, 2018.
Prepay your entries
- If you’d like to pay for your entries in advance, and receive instant confirmation and a receipt, do so below. Please attach a copy of the receipt with the entries you send to St. Petersburg.
SND will notify winners by e-mail in late March or early April 2018. Also, SND will announce winners on this Web site as soon as they are verified. Don’t forget to check out our Web coverage of the judging beginning Feb. 19, 2018. Be the first to know what’s happening in St. Pete!
IMPORTANT: Please print out all forms at 100 percent. Do not reduce or enlarge them because legibility is important.
Information on how to pay for entries is included in the Call of Entries. For questions that the Call does not answer, send an e-mail to [email protected]