Our next annual Best of News Design™ Creative Competition (the 41st Edition) will cover works published in 2019. The Call for Entries will be mailed to previous participants (and to anyone who requests a copy), and also will be posted here. The next judging will take place in February 2020.
Entrants may submit either unmounted tearsheets or unmounted, printed replicas of an entry as it appeared in print. Printouts must be at least 75 percent of the size the entry originally printed. For broadsheets, this means at least 11×17 paper. Each entry requires a small entry fee, paid in U.S. funds, and an official entry form.
Forms for the 41st Edition:
- 41st Edition Booklet
- 41st Category Coupons
- 41st Entry Form (Editable)
- 41st Tally & Payment Form (Editable)
- Category 20 Online Entry Form (Deadline is Jan. 25, 2020. Late entries cannot be accepted in Category 20.)
Entry deadlines for the 41st edition
- Deadline: Entries from U.S. publications must be received in St. Petersburg, Florida, no later than Feb. 1, 2020.
- Entries from publications outside the U.S. must be received in St. Petersburg, Florida, no later than Feb. 8, 2020.
- Judging will take place at the Coliseum in St. Petersburg, Florida, from Feb. 21-24, 2020.
Prepay your entries
- If you’d like to pay for your entries in advance, and receive instant confirmation and a receipt, do so below. Please attach a copy of the receipt with the entries you send to St. Petersburg.
SND will notify winners by e-mail in April 2020. Also, SND will announce winners on this Web site as soon as they are verified. Don’t forget to check out our Web coverage of the judging beginning Feb. 21, 2020. Be the first to know what’s happening in St. Pete!
IMPORTANT: Please print out all forms at 100 percent. Do not reduce or enlarge them because legibility is important.
Information on how to pay for entries is included in the Call of Entries. For questions that the Call does not answer, send an e-mail to [email protected].
How to submit digital entries
Enter the Best of Digital Design competition here.