Interested in breaking bread with a design luminary? Sign up for “Grits with Gurus,” where we’ll match up to five SND Charlotte attendees with a leading designer. “Grits with Gurus” will be on Thursday and Friday, before the first sessions kick-off, at the Sheraton’s Social Bar & Kitchen. We’re expecting an all-star line-up of gurus.
- • Jen Simmons, Designer Advocate at Mozilla
- • Tobias Frere-Jones, Founder & Design Director at Frere-Jones Type
- • Greg Manifold, Design Director at The Washington Post
- • Mike Rohde, the author of The Sketchnote Handbook and The Sketchnote Workbook
- • Deb Withey, Creative Director at North State Media and owner of Cheese & Pickles Studio
- • Lena Groeger, Journalist/Designer/Developer at ProPublica
- • Lucie Lacava, owner of Lacava Design and former SND president
- • Joey Marburger, Director of Product at The Washington Post
- • Rebekah Monson, VP/Product at Whereby.Us
- • Adonis Durado, Chief Creative Officer at Muscat Media Group (Times of Oman and Al Shabiba)
If you’re interested, please register your interest through SND Charlotte’s schedule by adding either Thursday or Friday’s “Grits with Gurus” to your “My Sched.” We have limited capacity, so sign up soon!
About SND Charlotte
• Don’t miss your chance to UNITE & REBEL, register today: Register
• Book your hotel room (before they run out!): Use the SND discount link
• Check out the lineup of speakers we’ve announced for the workshop. What a team!
• Don’t miss the Think Before You Make pre-conference day at the U.S. National Whitewater Center