As you prep and pack for SND Charlotte, please remember a very special annual tradition that we’ll be repeating in Charlotte — the SND Foundation Silent Auction, sponsored by Hoefler & Co. The Foundation Auction benefits educational and outreach programs that benefit students and help enable the Society to give travel grants and scholarships.
There’s two ways you can participate — you can bring items to donate, and you can bring your dollars to bid with.
We’re always eager to add to the party so please bring items from your region, your news organization — or just items you think other designers and artists would want. Popular items include:
- • Coverage artifacts (pages, plates, posters, books, etc).
- • Local flavor: anything that visually or otherwise defines your region
- • Art and photography
- • Rare items
- • Fun items
Bring your dollars and get ready to duel with your neighbors. We already have some top shelf items ready for the auction table this year. Among them:
- • A Chase Elliott-signed NASCAR tire, with certificate of authenticity
- • A Times of Oman World Cup Gold-winning infographic build-a-ball
- • Chicago Tribune Cubs World Series packages
- • Printing plates from the L.A. Times (Obama Election) and The Plain Dealer (Cavs & Ohio State championships)
- • A Maps4News one-year trial membership
- • A donated Wall Street Journal stipple portrait that’s sure to be highly contested
- • A gift card from Hoefler & Co.
- • Great books signed by their authors
And so much more … you’ll have to come see it all.
About SND Charlotte
• Don’t miss your chance to UNITE & REBEL, register today: Register
• Book your hotel room (before they run out!): Use the SND discount link
• Check out the lineup of speakers we’ve announced for the workshop. What a team!
• Don’t miss the Think Before You Make pre-conference day at the U.S. National Whitewater Center