Still on the fence about attending the SNDCLT workshop? How does 50% off your workshop registration sound?
The SNDCLT Volunteer Committee is looking for volunteers to work before and during (and a little bit after) the Society for News Design Annual Workshop on April 20-21 and pre-workshop Think Before You Make on April 19 in Charlotte, N.C. Come meet and work alongside the best minds in design and journalism, and revel in the satisfaction of pulling off one of the best events in the industry.
- You must have an active year-long membership with SND at time of application and workshop.
- You should have a love of design, journalism, journalists, story-telling and creativity.
Volunteers will be assigned to work a minimum of eight hours at the workshop (usually broken into multiple shifts). In return, volunteers will receive a 50% discount on registration (a $250 value for professionals; $135 value for students). There’s plenty of camaraderie, lots of sugar and caffeine, and reasonable hours that allow volunteers time to network and take advantage of everything at the workshop.
If you’re planning to attend or, even better, are already in the Charlotte area, fill out the SNDCLT Volunteer Application and tell us about yourself and the days/times you’re available. If selected, you’ll be assigned a slot or slots based on your availability and skills.
“Volunteering for the SND workshop gave me the chance to work with SND members from different places and with unique backgrounds and job experiences,” said Ellen Collier, a designer at Washington Post Express who volunteered at the Washington, D.C. workshop in 2015. “Since SND provides so many resources for designers and the design community, it’s great to give back and help the Society.”
Be sure to sign up soon, as these slots fill up fast. We’ll be in touch in the coming weeks to confirm your participation. If you have any questions please email Paige K. Connor, SND Secretary/Treasurer and SNDCLT Volunteer Coordinator.
About SND Charlotte
• Don’t miss your chance to UNITE & REBEL, register today: Register
• Book your hotel room (before they run out!): Use the SND discount link
• Check out the lineup of speakers we’ve announced for the workshop. What a team!
• Don’t miss the Think Before You Make pre-conference day at the U.S. National Whitewater Center