Speakers include Hugo Sanchez, Bill Gaspard and Fernando Baptista.
The Society for News Design is thrilled to announce applications are now open for the fourth SNDMakes cohort in Austin, Texas. ‘Makes’ is the Society’s boutique prototyping event — think carefully-designed-dinner-party, not hackathon free-for-all — that uses principles of design-thinking to create solutions for modern news and media companies. Join us in Austin, the weekend of […]
After 2.5 days of facilitated brainstorming and prototyping at #SNDMakes D.C., 11 teams created projects that addressed the design challenge, “How might we tell better picture stories?”
We’re thrilled to announce the third iteration of #SNDMakes, will be held in Washington, D.C. in conjunction with our annual workshop. This time, we’re focused on thinking beyond the slideshow, and driving innovation around visual narratives.
Some potential design challenge statements could be:
- “How might we better tell picture stories?”
- “How might we add context to multimedia stories?”
- “How might we boost visual stories with ambient video and gifs?”
- “How might we tell visual stories with the user in mind?”
- “How might we design our teams to improve visual storytelling?”