The Washington Post has won a silver medal in the Daily Breaking News category for its “CIA Interrogation Reports.”
- This really stood out for exposing the contradictions in a very clear way. There was similar coverage of this in other publications where you just looked at documents. This went above other coverage on the same topic and beyond to pull out the relevant facts in a usable way.
- Compelling. The design is very clean. It makes me feel like I can get the issues at hand without feeling overwhelmed.
- It was mobile friendly. Well executed. It was much more than a simple template page.
- I think this is meticulous for a breaking news story.
- They thought about mobile, on a breaking story. That’s not to be understated.
- All the work went into editing, contextualizing, making sense of the story. It sets out to do something very specific: to show the contrast in the report.