Judges from across the globe met last month in Syracuse and Muncie. They poured over more than 1,600 print and digital entries. Now as the winners are assembled in SND’s Annual Best of News Design book, here’s one last chance to get your work in there.
On the cover.
Submit your cover design by March 21. We’ll post the entrants here and give you a chance to vote on your favorite. The winning design will grace the cover of SND33.
This is SND’s sixth annual cover competition. The winning cover will be showcased on The Best of News Design™ book. “We began the cover competition as a way to get more design concepts for the annual book cover and it’s been so successful we’ve continued this way to generate excellent covers,” said competition director Marshall Matlock.
The winning cover will appear on the book that showcases winners from the year 2011.
Here are the details:
- Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, March 21
- File size and specs: 9-inches wide x 12-inches tall. .25-inch bleed. 350 dpi. JPG, TIFF, or PDF file. Full color.
- Submissions should include: Design’s must include the book’s name, “The Best of News Design” and the edition number 33. It is suggested the concept represents the book’s content: The best newspaper, magazine and Web news design from around the world. Download a copy of SND’s logo here.
- Timing: Entries will be posted on snd.org and members can vote on the design they think is best.
- How to submit: Send entries to SND Executive Director Stephen Komives here or at skomives (at) snd.org. Be sure to include your name, publication or other affiliation, if applicable; job title, full business address, phone number and preferred e-mail address. All submissions will be acknowledged.
- The legalese: All entries become the property of the Society for News Design. At the discretion of the Competition Committee, SND reserves the right to not award a winning cover. Past cover entries are ineligible.
- Questions: Please send questions and cover entries here.
— 30 —