The SND Foundation is planning a multi-city karaoke event to raise money for its important programs such as scholarships, student travel grants and training grants for SND members.
We’re looking for people to volunteer to organize a karaoke night in 30 different cities. Our goal is to raise at least $1,000 in each city — $30,000 in all. We could create quite a competition among cities to see who can raise the most.
Participants can get friends to sponsor songs, so everyone can participate even if you don’t like to sing.
We will create a fabulous T-shirt that will be available for purchase and will also raise funds for SNDF.
Each city coordinator would be responsible for
• Finding a karaoke location.
• Recruiting volunteers to help.
• Coordinating with the overall event leader.
• Advertising the event locally.
• Pre-registering participants.
• Posting updates/photos/video on Twitter, Facebook and snd.org before, during and after event.
• Selling T-shirts.
• Collecting the money raised and sending it to SND.
We’re narrowing down dates for this one-of-a-kind event in June 2010, but we need volunteers to get on board and start helping us plan now.
E-mail Denise M. Reagan if you’re ready to help rock the world for SNDF.
Stay tuned for more!