Newsday, one of the nation’s largest daily newspapers, serving Long Island, New York with its print and digital products, has an opening for a presentation artist.
The candidate will have solid news and photo judgment and know how to package, layer and reorganize information visually and editorially. This person must be comfortable taking direction, be a self-starter and a true team player. Responsibilities could include news, sports and feature design as well as web assignments. Presentation artists will use Newsday’s editorial production system to design pages.
- Three to five years of experience at a news or design organization
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Excellent visual and communication skills
- Solid editing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Be a multitasker, able to handle hard deadlines
- Experience working in a content management system such as Atex Hermes is a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume and at least five samples of your work to:
Mary Ann Skinner
Asst. Managing Editor/Administration
Newsday is a daily newspaper serving Long Island through its print editions and its web site Newsday.com. Newsday is committed to quality journalism and boasts 19 Pulitzer Prizes and numerous other awards including the Polk Awards, Sigma Delta Chi, National Headliners, Society of Silurians, Deadline Club, Overseas Press Club, American Society of Newspaper Editors, New York Newspaper Publishers Association, National Association of Black Journalists and Press Club of Long Island.
Equal Opportunity Employment m/f/d/v