Lee Enterprises is seeking a creative Page Design Intern, with experience in journalism or graphic design, to work at the design center in Madison, WI. If you have a passion for news media and are excited about producing pages for newspapers throughout the United States, this is the position for you!
As a Design Intern you will learn how to:
- Produce designs and products with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines.
- Follow process efficiencies and troubleshoot issues.
- Produce assigned pages from provided plans and budgets.
- Manage work and plate flow to meet assigned deadlines for multiple editions and publications.
- Work with outside editors’ to ensure pages meet their expectations.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign CS5 or comparable skill is required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, as well as coworkers and management.
The hours are part-time and will be based on student availability during the school year. Full-time hours are available during the summer. Night and weekend availability is preferred. Lee offers a competitive salary, advancement opportunities, and a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising in 50 markets in 22 states, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications. Lee’s newspapers have circulation of 1.1 million daily and 1.5 million Sunday, reaching nearly four million readers in print alone. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ob6O5fwU&s=SND
2001 Fish Hatchery Road, Madison, WI 53713
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Pre-employment drug testing applies