Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, Washington, DC-based nonprofit corporation that provides accurate and timely news and information to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Delivered in nine Asian languages in addition to English, our journalism extends beyond radio to include web, video, mobile, and e-books. RFA is currently seeking a creative and innovative Multimedia Editor to support its Editorial Department in its Washington, DC, offices.
- Producing video news reports, graphics and animation for RFA's English website.
- Designing graphics and animation for webcasts and satellite broadcasts in RFA’s nine Asian languages.
- Ensuring that RFA visual formats, styles, and procedures are followed on all RFA English and foreign language websites.
- Creating illustrative materials, such as logos and banners for promotional purposes.
- Contributing to on-going Web development by bringing forward innovative features and solutions.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the field.
- Assisting RFA language services with multimedia needs.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Video Editing/Animation or minor in electronic journalism preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with the Adobe Creative suite's Premier, AfterEffects, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with 3D animation software (such as Blender, 3DS Max or Maya) preferred.
- Some journalism experience or training preferred.
- Must possess strong proficiency in both written and verbal English. Command of one or more of RFA broadcast languages preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work as a highly creative and productive team player.
All candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a portfolio for review.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to Apply
Send résumé with cover letter (making reference to “Multimedia Editor” position) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.