The judges have seen your print entries. Now, as the winners are assembled in SND’s Annual The Best of News Design™ book, here’s one last chance to get your work displayed.
On the cover.
Submit your cover design by March 7. We’ll post all the entrants here and give you a chance to vote on your favorite. The winning design will become the cover of the 35th edition of The Best of News Design™ book, showcasing winners from 2013. This is SND’s eighth annual cover competition.
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, March 7
- Design must include: The book’s name, “The Best of News Design™,” the edition number 35 and the SND logo. The concept should represent the book’s content: The best newspaper, magazine and Web news design from around the world. Download SND’s logo here.
- Members-only: You must be a current member of the Society to enter. If you’re not a member, join us today!
- No black: Yes, we’re designers. We all love black. But SND34 was black so show us some color for the 35th.
- File size and specs: 9-inches wide x 12-inches tall. .25-inch bleed. 350 dpi. JPG, TIFF, or PDF file. Full color.
- Selection process: Entries will be posted on snd.org so that members can vote on their favorites. The competition committee reserves the right to break ties and make the final decision.
- How to submit: Entries should be e-mailed to SND Executive Director Stephen Komives here or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, publication or other affiliation, job title, full business address, phone number and preferred e-mail address. All submissions will be acknowledged.
- The legalese: All entries become the property of the Society for News Design. At the discretion of the Competition Committee, SND reserves the right to not award a winning cover. Past cover entries are ineligible.
- Questions: Please send questions and cover entries here.