We are only days away from SND’s workshop in Cleveland, Oct. 11 to 13. Today is your last chance to sign up with the discount rate.
It’s going to be a fantastic workshop jam-packed with training and networking tailor made for visual journalists today. We’ve dispensed with the rubber chicken and figured out new ways to bring folks together.
We’ve ditched the long-winded stuff for a program on building skills, ideas and solutions.
Here are the workshop speakers
- Paul Bolls, Co-director of the Psychological Research on Information and Media Effects (PRIME) Lab at the University of Missouri
- Svenåke Boström, Boström Design & Development Co.
- Jim Brady, Executive Editor-in-Chief, Digital First Media and Online News Association President
- Brian Buirge and Jason Bacher, Co-founders of Great Fucking Design Advice
- Alberto Cairo, University of Miami
- Steve Cavendish, Editor The City Paper (Nashville)
- Vince Chiaramonte, Design Director, The Buffalo News
- Tracy Collins, Senior director of print & multimedia operations at The Arizona Republic / azcentral.com
- Chris Courtney, News Application Team, Chicago Tribune
- Josh Crutchmer, Minneapolis Star-Tribune. With Michael Whitley, Los Angeles Times, Rob Schneider, Dallas Morning News, Steve Cavendish, The City Paper (Nashville), Katherine Myrick, Washington Post
- Julie Elman, Ohio University
- Nathan Estep, and Jonathon Berlin, Chicago Tribune Graphics Editor and SND President
- Denis Finley, Editor, Virginian Pilot
- Marissa Gallagher, Executive Creative Director, CNN Digital
- Mario Garcia, CEO Garcia Media
- Jeremy Gilbert, Assistant Professor, Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism
- Michael Griffith, Creative Director of Bottle Rocket Apps
- Karl Gude, Michigan State University
- Martin Jönsson and Jessika Olofsson, Managing Editor and Picture Editor at Svenska Dagbladet (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Jason Kernevich and Dustin Summers, The Heads of State
- Lucie Lacava, Lacava Design Inc.
- Greg Manifold, Sarah Sampsel and Karen Yourish, The Washington Post
- Suzette Moyer, Art Director, Tampa Bay Times
- Terence Oliver, Professor University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Amy Webb, CEO of WebbMedia Group
- Michael Whitley, Assistant Managing Editor, Los Angeles Times
- Deborah Withey, Director, Cheese + Pickles Studio
- Dave Wilson, ESPN
- Zach Wise, Northwestern University
- Vanessa Wyse, Creative Director, The Grid (Toronto)