Second gold medal: Times of Oman’s Ramadan tiled poster
The second gold medal of SND33 was awarded to the Times of Oman for a 28-page tiled poster celebrating Ramadan. Charles Apple has an excellent behind-the-scenes look here.
The judges had this to say about the entry:
This is not a new idea, but it is very difficult to do — and this one is done so well. Each day is an easy read, but it also fits together seamlessly around Ramadan. There is layer upon layer of detail, but the subtle blend of color, photography, illustrations and typography keep the combined work from becoming too overpowering. If you didn’t know anything about Ramadan, you could learn everything you need to know from this. They really worked to give readers something special and pull them in.
Here are the people who worked on the pages:
- Essa Mohammed Al Zedjali, chairman
- Ahmed Essa Al Zedjali, CEO
- Adonis Durado, design director
- Waleed Rabin, designer
- Sahir K.M., designer
- Gregory Fernandez, designer
- Osama Al Jawish, caliigrapher
- Antonio Farach, graphics editor
- Lucille Umali, illustrator
- Winie Ariany, illustrator
Check out coverage of the other gold medals: