How to use SND STL as an alibi, create your own customized schedule
The 2011 Society for News Design annual workshop and exhibition is excited to offer a customizable, digital program guide that’s also mobile and tablet friendly. It’s a great way to organize your conference experience at SND STL — and it makes for a handy alibi, too. This video offers a brief tour. Log in and build your schedule now: http://schedule.sndstl.com
How to create your own personalized digital schedule:
- First, create an account at http://schedule.SNDSTL.com
- Visit http://schedule.SNDSTL.com on your smartphone or tablet
- After the site loads, add the URL link to your phone / tablet’s home screen for quick access or add it to your bookmarks
- Check off the sessions you want to attend and it’ll be saved to your account – and have a great time in St. Louis!
Not convinced this is worth it? There’s a bunch of cool features with this schedule tool, including:
- It’s optimized for iPhone, Android & Blackberry, as well as the iPad
- You can quickly create your own account and make a customized schedule to save your picks and share with friends
- There’s a speaker directory with bios and photos to get more info about the people on stage, as well as attendee directory information for who’s in the crowd — great for networking!
- You can download the calendar to your iCal, Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook
- There’s also several views of the schedule available, including a full shabang view, a day-by-day grid, and there’s a handy print-able format, too.
[Video dramatization by the Detroit Media Partnerships John Bentley and Vince Kern. No actual coppers were hurt in the filming of this instructional video.]